Technical Lead (Primary and Secondary Circuits of the Nuclear Island )
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of Technical Lead for Primary and Secondary Circuits of the Nuclear Island.
The SZC project Nuclear Island Primary and Secondary Circuits (NI P&SC) team, led by the Senior Architect, is responsible for the delivery of the cost, time, and quality of all the engineering services within the P&SC scope the of NI SZC project in Edvance. The P&SC scope covers the reactor coolant system, the secondary systems, the primary safety systems and support distribution systems located within the reactor building, and all of their associated components.
Reporting to the Senior Architect, The NI Primary and Secondary Circuits Technical Lead provides support to the technical coordination and integration activities within the Primary and Secondary Circuits (P&SC) scope. In particular, the technical lead will provide support to the oversight of the configuration management activities related to the NI P&SC scope. By support, it is intended that the technical lead will be responsible for the activities delegated by the P&SC Senior Architect among the P&SC scope.
The NI Primary and Secondary Circuits Technical Lead will be based in the UK (Bristol) and will require ad hoc travels to France (mainly Paris), London and the Sizewell site.
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables will include:
- Engage with the NI P&SC team members, with the Contract Equipment Leads (CELs) of SZC Equipment branch, the technical departments of ‘Direction Engineering & Supply Chain’ (DESC) of Edvance in Paris and of EPR-E in Bristol, to ensure the coordination and integration of the NI Primary and Secondary activities and production of associated deliverables
- In particular, as the NI P&SC Senior Architect is based in Paris, lead the engagement with the EPR-E technical departments, which are based in Bristol
- Participate to high-level progress meetings with the client on behalf of the Senior Architect
- Support the technical departments in the Design Replication Justification process
- Collaborate with the NI Technical Directorate and other NI Senior Architects to drive the design stability to maximize the replication and next of a kind effect
- Manage and ensure appropriate maturity of design for all aspects of the delegated scope, which includes design changes, open points, interfaces, non-conformance report management
- Ensure the resolution of the delegated transverse technical issues, impacting several buildings/systems/contracts that cannot be solved
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline)
- Proven successful experience in Nuclear Engineering, Process and/or System design engineering background is a plus
- Knowledge of EPR design, UK context is a plus
- Experience in multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles
- Able to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams
- Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics
- English fluent (minimum B2)
- French is a plus
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.