UK Context Lead
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is the UK design and engineering entity for the new nuclear power stations at Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C. In particular, EPR-E is responsible for part of the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and to prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of UK Context Lead.
The UK Context Topic Lead service is responsible for ensuring that UK Context requirements are translated into Responsible Design (RD) processes, which are proportionate ‘fit for purpose’ arrangements that can be readily understood and consistently applied by any engineering service, whom may not be familiar with UK requirements.
This Service is responsible for the lifecycle implementation of emergent subjects (scoping, stakeholder engagement, development, testing and rollout training) and updating as required.
Based on the current plan for delivery this Service requires management of the lifecycles of technical solutions on UK-Context subjects:
- Delivery of allocated technical scope as identified in the UK-Context delivery plan
- Collates progress and accountability data for live UK-Context delivery plan.
- Identifies emergent issues within the Responsible Design service (RD) requiring UK-Context intervention and provides solutions in collaboration with Subject Best Athletes.
- Responsibility for supporting documentation in the scope of UK-Context (templates, guidance, training, procedures).
- Delivery of UK-Context subject orientations and workshops (Awareness / ALARP / CDM / etc.) within the wider Responsible Designer and in collaboration with the Best Athletes for ALARP, BAT and CDM topics.
- Develops any associated formal training programs and makes them available to RD services
- Delivers training to meet needs of the RD.
This service requires cooperation with HPC (formerly NNB) and Responsible Designer entities including EDF, Edvance, DT, CNEPE, Framatome, TCO (formerly HPC Design Authority & Owners Engineering).
The UK Context Lead will use their experience and knowledge to deliver solutions for successful embedding of those arrangements across the RD by effective training and coaching/guidance. They must be able to engage and influence their peers and management stakeholders across the RD organization.
The role will require some visits to RD entity locations in France, primarily Paris, but could also include Tours and Lyon to support development and delivery of arrangements and to deliver training directly.
The role reports to the Transverse Discipline Manager.
To be considered, the following qualifications, skills and knowledge is essential:
- Engineering degree, or science degree supported by engineering experience
- Knowledge of nuclear industry and nuclear plant operation
- Knowledge of nuclear safety from a design or operation point of view
- Good understanding of requirements and expectations of UK law, regulations, operating experience and best practice
- Good understanding of underpinning principles of UK Health and Safety Legislation such as ALARP
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including CDM, Nuclear Site License, and Environmental Permit requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (including delivering training and facilitating workshop sessions)
- Fluent English
- HPC/SZC Project experience highly desirable
- Experience interfacing with regulators, sites, sections and entities
- Proven track record in a process plant operating and commissioning environment
- Working knowledge of the French language would be advantageous
- Understanding of Responsible Designer Organisation
Spécialité : O3 - Support à la performance
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Aztec West
Déplacements : 25%
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.