For 40 years, the Paimboeuf plant (Loire-Atlantique) has been producing zirconium tubes and bars for the manufacture of fuel assemblies. Its employees work on a daily basis to deliver safe, high-quality products, making this plant a global leader in zirconium tube manufacture.
In line with the Framatome Strategic Action Plan, the site is continuing its industrial development with a target production capacity of 10,000 keq/year (kilometer equivalent) of zirconium tubes. It aims to achieve this through several drivers:
- the deployment of production teams at the weekend to help handle the increase in workload,
- operational performance and continuous improvement,
- an ambitious recruitment plan (100 new recruits in the period 2017-2018), alongside a skills management plan.
- 385 employees as of August 31, 2018
- Prospective workload in 2018: production of more than 8,200 km equivalent of zirconium tubes, which would be a first for the Paimboeuf site