Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
In the UK we are currently over 300 strong and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
Due to our ongoing growth, we are currently recruiting a Cost Engineer for our Sizewell B project.
Reporting to the Project Controls Group Head, the Cost Engineer is responsible for providing cost management support to the Nuclear Generation work portfolio and will monitor, control and forecast the costs during the Project lifecycle.
The main focus will be to work with Project Managers to manage project costs and their integration with the management of risk, change and the schedule in accordance with Company standards and processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio
- Implement the correct and appropriate cost management tool for the project in accordance with CTO Programme Office processes/templates.
- Assist in development of and use of Project Control Structures
- Understand the basis of the estimate.
- Ensure all cost and contract transactions on a project are understood and managed in an appropriate way.
- Ensure all variances to the cost baseline are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the necessary cost management interface is in place with Finance and ensure regular communications.
- Support business Planning processes
- Play an active part in the change process, understanding the reasons for and factors influencing each change to the project’s cost baseline plus the implications of such change.
- Continually monitor Project Risk and Change status to maintain current forecast.
- Review and understand, with the assistance of the Planning Engineer, the schedule progress and its alignment to the Project Control Structure.
- Liaise with Project team members and contractors with regards to progress and financial forecasting.
- Update the Cost Tool to comply with Project Reporting Cycles.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project cost information, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience.
- MACostE a distinct advantage
- Understand the inter-relationship between time cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
- Working knowledge of the latest version of Primavera
- Experienced in the use of SAP Finance and Project modules.
- Wealth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g., Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Good working knowledge of financial systems.
- Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
- Ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
- Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills and well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to work flexibly within the demands of the project.
Spécialité : F3 - Contrôle de gestion
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Sizewell (UK)
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Poste autorisant le dépistage des stupéfiants dans le cadre de la prévention des addictions : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.