Deputy Group Leader (Manufacturing Control)
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the HPC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of Deputy Group Leader – Manufacturing Control
The UK Manufacturing Control (UKMC) team aims to provide adequate and reactive surveillance on:
- Manufacturing documentation and In-shop manufacturing.
- In-shop manufacturing
These activities are achieved to provide confidence to our clients (projects) and to ensure that the manufactured parts and equipment reach the expected level of quality, in accordance with the specified requirements, and can thus be delivered to nuclear sites for installation.
The purpose of this role is primarily to assist the Manager/Group Leader of the UKMC team. The main tasks are:
Technical assistance contracts:
- to perform the operational management of TA services (monthly meetings with partners, monitoring of actions, monitoring of indicators, etc.)
- to verify the partners times, log of activities, invoicing…
Internal control and monitoring of the team activities:
- to achieve the managerial validation of some of the team’s technical deliverables
- to monitor the actions given to the UKMC pilots (assigned with the management), and to challenge the team performance (with the UKMC KPIs)
- to provide support to the UKMC pilots for the assignment of inspection resources (arbitrations if necessary)
- to help the UKMC manager in preparing the monthly team meetings (updating KPIs dashboard, preparing some topics)
- to help solving all kinds of issues (IT, logistics…)
- to carry out various administrative procedures
Internal managerial representation:
- to ensure a field presence (with in-shop inspectors)
- to participate in regular meetings with inspectors and engineers
Taking information externally:
- to participate in part of the directorate meeting within DI
- to participate in some technical and transverse meetings in DI and EPR-E
Propositions of business development, and identifying strategic opportunities
The candidate will have to be able to travel on a regular basis in the UK (couple of times each month) and occasionally in France (Paris).
UKMC current scope of work is basically all the manufacturing in the UK for new nuclear projects (UK and abroad) and the French operating fleets. But most of the work (~90%) is dedicated to HPC project, on all areas and programmes:
Nuclear Island (UK4101, HK4102.1)
Conventional Island and Balance of Plant (UK3011, UK3511, UK3252, UK5211, UK5221…)
Marine Works (OH2231)
Civil Works (HK2201)
Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC – MEH (OH3631, HK2798, HK3699)
Created in November 2021, and as part of DI (Industrial Division of EDF Group), the UKMC team is now part of EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E). Its headquarters are in Bristol (Aztec West).
The main competencies of the team are Manufacturing, Materials, Welding and NDTs.
To be considered, we require the following skills and experience:
- Management skills: an already acquired and successful experience is team leading/management (preferable), otherwise to be able to demonstrate such skills
- Knowledge in equipment procurement contracts for nuclear projects (HPC preferably)
- Good technical competencies in mechanical engineering, materials, welding
- Advanced knowledge in the manufacturing of equipment/parts, as well as in Quality and/or Surveillance
- Experience in the management/coordination of contracts for technical assistance
- Fluent French (will be required to meet with our French teams)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and writing)
- Dynamic personality, agile and innovating thinking, but also capable of following the process
- Conscientiousness, well-organised
- Ability to prioritise, to question and understand the imperatives and to meet commitments to quality and schedule
- Ability to remain focused under pressure, thinking clearly and objectively
- Ability to cope in a multi-interfaced and changing environment, and to manage the interactions within a multi-disciplinary team
English: fluent preferred, at least B2
Spécialité : O1 - Pilotage performance & processus
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Aztec West
Déplacements : 25%
Niveau d’emploi : Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.