HVAC Layout Engineer
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and UK.
For the HPC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of HVAC Layout Engineer.
As a HVAC Layout Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with several of the below listed activities depending on the job/project requirements and the competences and experience:
· Treatment of the input data for the layout engineering of the building (process & instrumentation diagrams, equipment data, cable lists, electrical load lists, etc.), analyzing and verifying their technical consistency
· Layout engineering to improve and modify the design on the following aspects:
o Implementation of various mechanical and HVAC equipment within the building design
o Routing HVAC ducts, pipework and electrical cable trays in the 3D model, supported by a dedicated CAD team
o Ensure the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model
· In charge of production of technical documents (progress reports, status reports, equipment introduction notes, change impact analyses, design procedures, etc.)
· Issues layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules
Progress monitoring and change management:
· Management and monitoring the modifications requested by the various engineering teams
· Anticipation and escalation of technical open points
· Preparation of layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved)
Support of execution design companies in the production of deliverables for manufacturing.
To be considered the following qualifications, Experience and Skills are essential :
· Experience in one or several areas of engineering: HVAC Layout, HVAC, mechanical, safety etc.
· Degree qualified in appropriate technical discipline
· Good knowledge and understanding of HVAC & general layout rules for an industrial project
· Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
· Fluent English
· Comfortable and confident to highlight issues and bring a wide range of stakeholders together to find pragmatic resolutions that satisfy all stakeholders, balancing the needs across the HPC integrated team
· Enjoys a challenging technical environment with multiple and urgent demands
· Is able to seek clarification from multiple stakeholders in order to prioritize, paying attention to the wider context and bigger picture to inform their decisions to minimize schedule and cost implications.
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills:
· Previous nuclear industry experience
· Previous experience involving PWRs (pressurised water reactor)
· Previous experience working with 3D design software (e.g. Navisworks, AutoCAD, PDMS and/or E3D)
· French language skills
Spécialité : TAB - Coordination et management Ingéniérie Mécanique, Ventilation et Génie Civil
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Bristol, Aztec West
Déplacements : 25%
Niveau d’emploi : Cadre
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.