Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
In the UK we are currently over 300 strong and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
Due to our ongoing growth, we are recruiting for a Methods Engineer for our Hinkley Point C project.
The Methods Engineer will be responsible for writing the mechanical erection documentation for the installation of the primary circuit and the primary equipment of the nuclear power plant and provide assistance to the construction team. The Methods Technician will form part of the technical team of Framatome IB based at HPC.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Analysis of the installation specifications and equipment drawings
- Gather and ensure the validity of all input data necessary for producing the relevant documentation
- Preparation or modification of erection procedures and follow up documents
- Review documentation written by other members of the team
- Ensure all documents are uploaded correctly and promptly in our documentation management system (COEDM)
- Reply and challenge customer comment sheet of the customer related to their documents
- Provide technical support to the erection team
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications, skills and experience is essential:
- Qualified as a Mechanical Technician
- Proven experience in the preparation of installation documentation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software, particularly word and excel. (essential)
- Familiar with the general environment of Nuclear Power Plants
- Ability to form quality relationships with the different interfacing units, both internally (erection teams) and with interfacing units at head office (engineering, design, etc.).
- Thorough and methodical, with good organizational skills
- Good level in French Language (preferred)
Spécialité : O1 - Pilotage performance & processus
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Hinkley Point C
Niveau d’emploi : Non cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Poste autorisant le dépistage des stupéfiants dans le cadre de la prévention des addictions : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.