Open Points Process Manager
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EDF EPR Engineering UK is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
Within the Technical Direction team of the HPC Project we are recruiting for the position of Open Points Process Manager.
This person will be responsible for the Open Points process and associated tools, and their implementation within the project.
The role is based in the Bristol office (at Aztec West). The key stakeholders are based:
- within the Aztec West office in north Bristol.
- within other Edvance offices in France, mainly Paris, and Germany.
- at the Hinkley Point C Site in Somerset.
- at Gloucester Business Park.
For this reason, travel in the UK and regular travel to France and Germany is required as part of the role.
- Edvance HPC project Governance
- Edvance HPC Engineering Directorate (France & UK)
- Entity OP coordinators
- SZC Project Team (EPR-E and Edvance)
- Other DIPNN Entities (e.g., CNEPE)
The main activities of the Open Points Process Manager are as follows:
- Management of OP and application of the project instruction INS-UKEPR-359
- Owner and update of the INS-UKEPR-359
- Management of the OPM IT tool for Open Points
- Identification of project critical Open Points and escalation at the right management level
- Support to engineering entities in all phases of Open Points resolution
- Chairperson of the weekly L2 OP coordination
- Facilitation of « Clarification Meetings » between technical entities
- Development and management of key performance indicators (KPIs) of the process
- Reporting to the Technical Management of the HPC Project governance
- Participation in the continuous improvement of the OP process
- Enhanced monitoring of L1 Open Points,
- Transversal management of OP stakeholders (coordinators) and organisation of workshops
- Operational management of the OPM administrator
To be considered, the following qualifications, skills and experience is essential:
- Degree Level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- At least 5 years’ experience in engineering / leadership / project management.
- Nuclear New Build, EPR or PWR experience.
- Robust knowledge and extensive experience of the EPR design and engineering processes.
- Project and delivery management experience.
- Good understanding of requirements and expectations of UK laws, regulations, nuclear industry operating experience and best practices.
- Leadership experience in a highly regulated, technical environment.
- Excellent communication, organisational and people engagement skills.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exemplary team and pastoral management skills.
- Ability to set, achieve and maintain the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Fluent English.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of the French language.
- Experience in transverse technical coordination
- Good overall technical background
Spécialité : O1 - Pilotage performance & processus
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Aztec West
Déplacements : 50%
Niveau d’emploi : Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.