Safety Requirements Lead
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and UK
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of Safety Requirements Lead within our Safety Team. The Safety Requirements Lead will be responsible for the overall coordination of activities relating to:
- Safety Requirements (including Classification)
- Fault Studies
- Probabilistic Safety Analysis (PSA)
The SZC Project Technical Directorate (TD) role is to maintain and exert the technical authority of the project. To demonstrate full control of the SZC Nuclear Island (NI) technical integration, the TD set up the replication strategy on the NI scope, ensure the technical integration of the contributions from all disciplines, coordinate the project delegates within technical department, implement and deliver the overall engineering process.
Within TD, the Nuclear Safety Team are responsible for the overall coordination of activities relating to the following technical topic areas: Safety Functional Requirements, Hazards, Fault Studies, Probabilistic Safety Analysis (PSA), Human Factors, Security, Structural Integrity, Environment, Decommissioning, Fire and Radiation Protection.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Safety Requirements Lead are as follows:
- The oversight and coordination of technical activities for the Safety Requirements, Fault Studies, PSA and Generic Design Assessment Findings (GDAF) technical topics,
- Coordination of the interactions with the technical leads within the entities supporting the Project, ensuring activities are kicked off in a timely manner and deliverable produced right first time,
- Support the definition of the annual Task Order for relevant technical topics,
- Provide support to production of other studies produced by the technical departments,
- Ensure consistency in activities across the different technical topics across the Safety scope and wider SZC Project (as needed),
- Coordination of the annual Holistic Safety Review,
- Analyse and integrate possible changes impacting the design, and ensure relevant actions are taken to ensure progress with the resolution of open points and design changes,
- Produce technical documentation to support the ongoing replication process for the SZC Project.
To be considered the following qualifications, experience and skills are essential:
- Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline),
- Knowledge of Safety Requirements in the Nuclear sector,
- Experience in a relevant position such (preferably from a highly regulated industry),
- The ability to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels,
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams,
- Able to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly
- Take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics,
- Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics,
- Fluent English.
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills:
- Knowledge of the EPR design or other PWR designs,
- Knowledge of Fault Studies and PSA topics,
- Leadership skills,
- French communication would be a bonus.
Spécialité : S4 - Sureté Nucléaire en exploitation
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Aztec West
Niveau d’emploi : Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.