Configuration Engineer HPC
Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater
TA - DESIGN & ENGINEERING
Hinkley Point C is the name of the nuclear power plant currently under construction in Somerset, Great Britain. Consisting of two 3rd generation EPRs, Hinkley Point C completes the site where 2 units from previous generations have already been built.
This power station will produce 3200MWe, which is equivalent to the annual consumption of 6M households. Within the Framatome Group, several hundred employees are mobilized for Hinkley Point C over the life of the Project.
In this context, the Configuration Engineer is in charge of monitoring the configuration status through the different phases of the project
- This role is based in Hinkley Point C, Bridgewater UK
- On-site working
- For this role we are offering a salary between £50,000 and £60,000
- Working Site Premium
- 37.5 working hours per week
In collaboration with the Change Manager and Configuration Manager, monitors the integration of changes into the documentation.
Maintains and enforces the project procedure on Configuration Identification Documents.
Prepares configuration status reports for System Engineering Reviews (DMR, KSR).
Organizes configuration reviews throughout the Configuration Items lifecycle (as designed, as procured, as manufactured, as installed, as commissioned) and consolidates configuration status into dedicated tools.
Sets up a report on the Configuration Items.
Proposes and implements all actions, procedures, and tools necessary to improve the efficiency of the process.
Works with the Framatome Configuration community to consider best practices and update the Standards.
Lead the development of all the configuration management tools by interfacing with the IT/IMS coordinator and the IT development team.
Organizes the follow-up of implementation actions and the closure of the modifications.
Organizes and delivers the corresponding configuration trainings to the project team members.
Occasional support to the change manager for the follow-up and progress of the modifications.
Demonstrates commitment to Nuclear safety, Quality and applies Group Policy.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Typical trainings: Project Control Management, Configuration Management, Transversal Management
- Configuration management skill: level 1 (“developing”) or higher
- Technical experience: around 5 years in the nuclear industry or any other leading industry, within a project or engineering team. Knowledge of Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR, EPR) and of the Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) (primary components, I&C, safety, installation, commissioning) is a plus.
- Results and Project-oriented
- Organizational ability: skilled in reporting and managing (tracking, follow-up, updating) vast quantities of information.
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Rigorous and quality-oriented
- Management of many interfaces
- Pro-active, persistent and team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Project knowledge: Possible trainings (Risks & Opportunities, System Engineering, scheduling, etc.)
A first successful experience in multi-cultural and international projects would also be appreciated.
The candidate must also have behavioural skills to interact with the customer NNB and the MEH alliance.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Spezialität: TAB - Koordination und Management von Mechanik, HVAC [Heizungs-, Lüftungs-, Klimatechnik] und Bauwesen
Mindestniveau der Ausbildung erforderlich Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.