Expert Welding NDT for Surveillance
FRAMATOME is looking for a QA surveillance engineer with expertise in welding, coating and non destructive testings (NDT) to follow the installation activities on the construction site of Hinkley Point EPR power plant in the UK. You will be responsible for:
· FRAMATOME positions on welding and NDT technical open points and animate the expert technical meetings with the customers and suppliers.
· Mentoring the other surveillance engineer of the teams
· Verification of the compliance of the activity with the contract requirements, at every key step defined in accordance with the surveillance plan.
· Supporting the technical documents review, such as follow up document, QRA (Quality-Related-Activity) list, welding book, Non Destructive Testing procedure, testing procedure…)
· Participation in the project progress meetings or periodical meetings with the customer, suppliers or third parties.
· Follow-up and reporting of the quality performance
· Review of the End of Installation reports to verify the compliance with contract, technical and regulatory requirements
· Verification of the deployment of operational excellence culture
Occasional out of hours working
This position starts with approximately 3 months of training and mentoring to be qualified as an EIRA surveillance inspector. This training might be done outside UK (France mainly)
As a QA Surveillance Engineer for FRAMATOME, you will benefit from a team covering the surveillance of nuclear equipment manufacturing and installation destinated to worldwide power plants.
It is a rewarding experience, with objective the safekeeping of the contractual and technical requirements, the manufacturing or installation follow up and the on-time delivery of equipment answering to the highest level of quality standards. The surveillance engineer is a key player during these activities, as the in-field FRAMATOME representative.
The surveillance engineer works closely with FRAMATOME other entities, such as Project, Engineering, Installation, Procurement, Cost, to guarantee the compliance of the equipment or activity delivered.
This position offers the opportunity to build technical skills on a wide range of equipment, such as reactor pressure vessel, steam generator, pumps, valves, or Instrumentation & Control and more, with international and construction site possibility of experience.
Master’s degree qualification in Science, with specialisation in Metallurgy, Material, Advanced Mechanics or general mechanical engineering.
Certifications in welding and NDT, such as IWE, IWT, COFREND / BINDT/PCN, TWI/CSWIP, AWS and IIW
Coating certification (FROSIO) would be appreciated
More than 10 years’ experience in the industry is required (ideally in the nuclear industry or construction site)
More than 5 years’ experience in practising or supervising NDT and/or welding
Manufacturing processes knowledge (welding, foundry, forge..)
Destructive (chemical or mechanical testing) and non destructive testing (PT, UT, RT, EC, MT) knowledge
Quality fundamentals knowledge
Ability to read and understand the technical engineering documents of scheme
Ability to write welding and/or NDT procedure
Manufacturing code (such as RCCM, ASME or CODAP) knowledge
Awareness of NPE Policy or regulatory rules for under pressure equipment
Fluent English (spoken and written)
Organisation and discipline
Capability to defend and explain its own observations
Being critical and analytical minded to be able to identify deviations and to contribute to their resolution
Autonomy to manage the surveillance on-site schedule or business trip
Spezialität: Q1 - Überwachung und Inspektion
Bildungsstufen (alle) Master/Diplom
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.