Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (I&C)
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
In the UK we are currently over 300 strong and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
Due to our ongoing growth, we are actively recruiting for a Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to be based at our Cranfield operation.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will be a member of the Engineering team delivering instrument and control solutions internally within the business and supporting external customers.
The I & C Engineer will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Create wiring diagrams and Bills of Materials to support document packages for build.
- Specifying control systems and instruments for testing, ensuring delivery to time and budget are met.
- Maintaining the calibration register for instruments and ensuring calibrated instruments are available for test.
- Interpreting design requirements for control system from customers.
- Write URS documents for suppliers for control and data acquisition systems. Working with key suppliers to ensure systems are deliver right first time.
- Modify programmes on PLC and data acquisition system to ensure test rigs operate within control and work safely.
- Select components for use on projects, forming performance specifications and working with suppliers.
- Write test plans for the control system and work with suppliers to commission the system.
- Undertaking site surveys and customer visits.
- Presenting project findings to customers.
- Business development support- attending meetings as technical support.
- Technically support the bid process, writing technical proposals and collecting costs.
- Providing technical support to the Engineering Production and Chemicals team.
- Attending technical meetings.
- Attending project meetings.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Engineering networking with companies and trade associations.
- Developing knowledge through training and attendance at engineering events.
- Assisting in engineering graduate development.
- Improving information flow, including the quality.
- Networking within Framatome to improve knowledge capture.
- Assisting others in the Engineering team.
- Keeping up to date with the latest relevant technical trends.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BEng Electrical or Electronic Engineering, 2.1 level pass or equivalent
- Significant experience of specifying instrumentation for automation or test rigs
- Good working knowledge of PLC’s and Data Acquisition systems
- Be able to make minor modifications to control systems
Spezialität: TAL - Sicherheitsleittechnik
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Europa, Cranfield
Beschäftigungsniveau: Non cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.