Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
In the UK we are currently over 300 strong and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
Framatome Ltd are going through significant growth and constantly increasing its presence in the United Kingdom.
We are involved in a number of major projects in particular on site at Hinkley Point C. Due our constant demand and growth, we are looking to recruit several skilled and qualified Platers to join our team.
Main duties of the role will include:
- To mark out and fabricate complex fabrications competently
- To tack welding of components using TIG
- To work from detailed engineering drawings
- To adhere to fabrication process and procedures, relevant quality and assist with quality records and documentation for all work carried out
- To maintain equipment and small tools for assembly / tack welding
- To ensure all measuring equipment is calibrated
Detailed QHSE responsibilities:
- To never undertake work without first ensuring that means will be in place to guarantee that the work can be done in a safe and compliant manner.
- To be suitably familiar with the contents of this Risk
- Assessment and Method Statements and Permit to Work
- To attend any HSE training, meetings, etc. as requested
- To attend, participate in and periodically lead Toolbox Talks
- To ensure that tools, equipment and materials brought into and used in the area are fully checked and are compliant with HSE requirements
- To ensure that no work is carried out unless supported by the relevant specific Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Work Permits
- To carry out periodic HSE inspections in the area
- To ensure that all incidents and near misses are reported.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 In Fabrication (or equivalent)
- Be time served / apprentice trained or relevant experience
- City & Guilds Medium Confined Space Level 2 (desirable).
- Fundamental understanding of fabrication drawings
- Experience of TIG/MIG/MAG etc. for tack welding
- Experience in plating of Stainless-steel / Carbon steel structures
- Read and understand detailed CAD drawings
- Used to working in a production and engineering environment
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations.
Spezialität: P4C - Metallkonstruktion Schweißarbeiten Zusammenbau
Bildungsstufen (alle) Non-Degree Program
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.