Mechanical Engineering Team Lead
Non fixed term
Aztec West, Bristol
TA - DESIGN & ENGINEERING
Here is an opportunity for an experienced engineer who we would expect to have and overall engineering background of 8+ years to have had the time and opportunity to develop the skills and experience that is felt necessary to perform this role successfully.
As our Mechanical Equipment Team Lead you would join Framatome in our senior engineering team and start your career on assignment to our joint venture with EDF called EDVANCE.
In this position you would report in to and work closely with the Piping and Equipment Discipline Manager and lead a team of contract engineering leads (CELs) and technical engineering leads (TELs).
The key contractual elements for this opportunity include:
- £70,000 – £75,000 per annum (DoE)
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days
- Health Insurance (family plan)
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Study and professional body membership support
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay
- Cycle to work
- And more…
The key aim of your role is to ensure the accurate completion and verification of engineering deliverables to be issued to the client in accordance with the technical requirements and following the overall project schedule.
Your day to day will include, but not be limited to, tasks like:
- leading contract technical and project meetings
- technical surveillance and resolution of issues/queries
- review and approval of contractor deliverables and design where necessary
- control and management of the evolution of the contract and design changes
- review and approval of contract amendments and exemptions (CTSs, ERs)
- managing the associated delivery scope, including task prioritisation
- resource and budget planning to ensure the requirements of the contract are met to time, cost, schedule and quality
- liaising with various teams including the client to ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions/systems
- communicate progress, risks, issues and planning to support contract delivery
- reporting of KPIs to the Equipment Manager
- ensure qualification activities are progressing accordingly to the contract progress and site needs
- support the Discipline Manager in developing, maintaining and providing qualified resources to deliver the project activities managed within Edvance UK.
Some of the core attributes we anticipate in high calibre candidates for this position include:
- technically credible for mechanical equipment, with an engineering degree or equivalent
- excellent negotiation, communication and people engagement skills
- ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- exemplary team and pastoral management skills
- ability to set, achieve and maintain high standards of safety and quality
- knowledge of EPR engineering process with particular emphasis on mechanical equipment design and engineering process
- at least 5 years’ experience in nuclear engineering / team leadership / project management
- substantial experience of applying specialist technical knowledge to complex problems and communicating the outcome with a range of stakeholders of varying backgrounds
- experience of managing a range of stakeholders and will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of influencing and negotiating
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and equality of access that is free from discrimination, prejudice, harm, stereotyping, harassment, victimisation, and any other form of discrimination.
Specialization: TAB - Mechanical, HVAC & Civil Work coordination and management
Min. level of education required Master
Place: United Kingdom, Bristol, Aztec West
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui