I&C Commissioning Engineer
EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the HPC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of I&C Commissioning Engineer.
The I&C Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the production of the commissioning documentation associated within the Fluid System scope of the HPC Nuclear Island project.
The I&C Commissioning Engineer will support the wider EPR-E commissioning team regarding all questions in interface with I&C commissioning discipline.
Under the authority of the I&C Commissioning Lead, the I&C Commissioning Engineer will oversee the commissioning engineering activities related to following systems: KIC, KC., KDO, TCR, KLI, MDTP, KIE and will participate in any transverse engineering activities involving
The I&C Commissioning Engineer will also support the customer for any question related to the preparation of the test execution.
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables of the I&C Commissioning Engineer are as follows:
- Confirm the project data & internal organization with the discipline Lead (budget, time schedule, author – checker – approver)
- Identify the relevant stakeholders and means
- Check the maturity of the input data against reference configuration and/or upcoming changes
- Collect OPEX
- Record risks in the related register and propose mitigation plan, if any
- Arrange pre-job brief / kick-off meeting
Open the study file
- Produce the deliverables in compliance with EPR-E engineering procedures and taking into account OPEX from other EPR projects
- Get the deliverables checked by the relevant parties – resolve outstanding issues and comments
- Survey commissioning deliverables elaborated by others (e.g. contractors) with respect to project standards
- Feed the study file as tasks evolve
- Support I&C function tests at test bay (France) including test result assessment
- Report progress towards initial time schedule & budget
- Update risk register on a need basis
Close out phase
- Get approval of the deliverables by the relevant parties without comments (PTP, SAN, SCP and CP)
- Store both the above mentioned deliverables and associated study files in the EDMS
A key component of the role is the digitalization of the documentation using the PLM tool (Switch), participating in the transformation of our engineering production towards data-centric approach.
To be considered, the following qualifications, skills and experience is essential:
- Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline)
- First successful experience in Nuclear Engineering (3 to 8 years’ experience)
- Knowledge of EPR design, UK context is a plus
- Experience in multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills:
- Able to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels,
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams,
- Able to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly,
- Able to take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics,
Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics
- English fluent (minimum B2)
- French is a plus
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.