Framatome are continuing their growth in the UK and currently recruiting for a number of Platers to be based on site at Hinkley Point C.
All positions are permanent.
Reporting to the Site Manager and Construction Manager, Platers will be required to:
- To mark out and fabricate complex fabrications competently
- To tack welding of components using TIG
- To work from detailed engineering drawings
- To adhere to fabrication process and procedures, relevant quality procedures and assist with quality records and documentation for all work carried out
- To maintain equipment and small tools for assembly / tack welding
- To ensure all measuring equipment is calibrated.
Detailed QHSE responsibilities:
- To never undertake work without first ensuring that means will be in place to guarantee that the work can be done in a safe and compliant manner.
- To be suitably familiar with the contents of this Risk
- Assessment and Method Statements and Permit to Work
- To attend any HSE training, meetings, etc. as requested
- To attend, participate in and periodically lead Toolbox Talks
- To ensure that tools, equipment and materials brought into and used in the area are fully checked and are compliant with HSE requirements
- To ensure that no work is carried out unless supported by the relevant specific Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Work Permits
- To carry out periodic HSE inspections in the area
- To ensure that all incidents and near misses are reported.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 In Fabrication (or equivalent)
- City & Guilds Medium Confined Space Level 2 (desirable)
- Fundamental understanding of fabrication drawings;
- Experience of TIG/MIG/MAG etc for tack welding;
- Be time served / apprentice trained or relevant experience;
- Experience in plating of Stainless-steel / Carbon steel structures;
- Read and understand detailed CAD drawings;
- Used to working in a production and engineering environment;
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations.
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, and over 300 strong in the UK, our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
Specialization: P4C - Welding assembling
Level of education (all) Non-Degree Program
Place: United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui