Lynchburg is home to the region’s Center of Operational Excellence for Nuclear Products and Services.
Three operational sites in Lynchburg, Virginia
The Fuel, Installed Base and Instrumentation and Control (I&C) business units – as well as corporate functions – operate out of the three Lynchburg-based sites.
Old Forest Road
The Old Forest Road site it the main facility in Lynchburg, hosting corporate support functions and engineers assisting the Fuel and Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Business Units. It is also home to the Nuclear Parts Center and the industry’s SAFER emergency response control center.
The I&C Business Unit operates manufacturing and testing laboratories, an in-house product center and a state-of-the-art showcase for Framatome’s control systems that provide customers a realistic modern control room experience.
The Nuclear Parts Center (NPC) features a customer inquiry system (https://npc.framatome.com/) where utilities can connect with Framatome 24/7/365 for access to its extensive spare parts inventory, guaranteed stocking programs, supply chain management and technical support.
Framatome also provides a control center for the industry’s Strategic Alliance for FLEX Emergency Response (SAFER), responsible for managing two National Response Center in the U.S.
3315 Old Forest Road
Lynchburg, VA 24501
+1 434 832-3000
Mill Ridge Road
Mill Ridge Road is the hub of the Installed Base Business Unite in North America. This facility includes the 2,500 m² non-contaminated Technical Training Center to keep employees, techniques and designs up-to-date as regulations evolve and technology advances.
The Outage Control Center also operates from this location, providing 24/7 support to nuclear plant operators for planned and emergent issues and serving as the primary Strategic Alliance for FLEX Emergency Response (SAFER) activation center.
- SAFER is the alliance between the Pooled Equipment Inventory Company (PEICo) and Framatome to provide additional capabilities and redundancy to plants coping with beyond design basis events.
The Mill Ridge Road site also serves as the primary location of the Installed Base engineering organization, which is committed to designing and delivering the modernization solutions to bridge the gap to 80 years and beyond.
155 Mill Ridge Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
+1 434 832-3700
Mt. Athos Road
The Mt. Athos Road site has four service centers:
- The Pump & Motor Service Center: This center provides repair, refurbishment and specialized resources to extend the life of critical plant components, including pumps, engines and seals.
- Contaminated Refurbishment Center: Machining, welding and fabrication to address utility maintenance requirements for secondary systems.
- The Chemistry & Materials Center: Supports the reliability and performance of power plants with routine, urgent tests in specialized chemistry, plus corrosion and metallurgical tests, and analysis support.
- Outage Equipment Support Centers: Offer welding, machining and fabrication services for contaminated and non-contaminated equipment and process systems, as well as radiologically-controlled work space for refurbishment of field equipment and utility components.
1724 Mt. Athos Road
Lynchburg, VA 24504
+1 434 832-5000